|Evening Shelter Support|
|Our Evening Shelter Support Volunteer will work from 8 PM to 11 PM.|
|22 years old or older|
| 1) Ability to work in an environment that can be stressful.
2) Must know how to operate kitchen and laundry appliances.
3) Able to develop relationships with young adults while maintaining strong boundaries.
4) Able to be a positive role model for young adults.
5) Able to respect the confidentiality of program participants.
6) Respect differences in young people's cultural, social, sexual, and religious backgrounds and willingness to enhance cultural pride.
7) Must demonstrate sensitivity and responsiveness to cultural differences and a commitment to the value of cultural competency.
8) First Aid/CPR certification is strongly preferred.
|Friends of Youth's emergency shelter for youth 18-24, The Landing, has the capacity to shelter 15 guests each night. Evening Shelter Support will support Landing staff in evening shelter activities. In addition to helping staff, volunteers will have time to develop constructive relationships with the young adults. The ideal volunteer will build trust, honesty, and responsibility. Additional responsibilities may include: helping new guests become acquainted with facilities, serving dinner, interacting and socializing with guests, helping staff setup shelter before guests arrive, and reporing any issues/concerns to the staff.
To apply for a volunteer position, please download and complete our volunteer application and contact our Volunteer Coordinator, at firstname.lastname@example.org
or 425-869-6490 x.309