|Morning Shelter Support|
|Our Morning Volunteer will work from 6:30 AM to 8:30 AM.|
|22 years of age or older|
| 1) Ability to work in an environment that can be stressful.
2) Must know how to operate kitchen and laundry appliances.
3) Able to develop relationships with young adults while maintaining strong boundaries.
4) Able to be a positive role model for young adults.
5) Able to respect the confidentiality of program participants.
6) Respect differences in young people's cultural, social, sexual, and religious backgrounds and willingness to enhance cultural pride.
7) Must demonstrate sensitivity and responsiveness to cultural differences and a commitment to the value of cultural competency.
8) First Aid/CPR certification is strongly preferred.
|Friends of Youth's emergency shelter for youth 18-24, The Landing, has the capacity to shelter 15 guests each night. Our Morning Volunteer will provide a helping hand to both staff and Landing guests to maintain a functional, safe environment. The Morning Volunteer will help to provide breakfast, provide basic needs (hygiene supplies, bus passes, etc.), and ensure that all guests are out the door at the scheduled time.
To apply for a volunteer position, please download and complete our volunteer application and contact our Volunteer Coordinator, at firstname.lastname@example.org
or 425-869-6490 x.309