P/T Shift Residential Staff - New Ground
The Residential Staff is a
member of a low barrier transitional housing team. Twenty
four hour care is provided for up to ten homeless youth age
sixteen to twenty one.
The Shift Residential Staff provides direct service and is
responsible for assisting
staff in successfully maintaining safety and cleanliness of the
Staff will provide on-site supervision; supporting youth to achieve
Living Plan goals; and providing structure in the home. Must be able to
overnight, weekends, evenings, and holidays as needed.
A. Guidance and Supervision
1. Responsible for security of
facility and grounds during shift.
2. Responsible to know whereabouts of
every young adult at all times.
3. Respect confidentiality of the
young adult and his/her family.
4. Provide a safe, caring and
non-judgmental environment for the young adults.
5. Respect differences in the young
adult’s cultural, social, sexual and religious
background, and enhance cultural
6. Report to Lead Case Manager
extraordinary changes in young adult’s behavior
B. Monitoring Tasks
1. Make every effort to protect and
secure resident's property.
2. Monitor and document the
whereabouts of all residents at all times.
3. Report any known or suspected
abuse, exploitation or neglect of residents in
consultation with management to Child
4. Monitor cameras and log unusual
activity for clients’ safety and program
C. Participate as a Member of the Residential Team
1. Be familiar with Independent
Living and Life Skills goals for each resident.
2. Attend and participate in staff
meetings if applicable.
3. Contribute to discussions, offer
input and feedback concerning both residents
4. Initiate conflict resolution.
5. Display positive morale; speak
positively and objectively about the program.
6. Attend meetings as requested.
D. Communicate Information in Verbal, Non-Verbal and Written
Form and Maintain
Required Forms and Records
1. Provide objective descriptive case
notes of behavior events.
2. Understand and separate one's own
belief and value system from interpretation
on behavior and events.
3. Be straight-forward and concise in
4. Show congruency between verbal and
5. Maintain daily communication log,
and case notes of behavior on each resident.
6. Complete incident reports per
7. Complete other reports as
requested by supervisor(s).
Required Skills and Qualifications
A. Education and Experience
1. A Bachelor of Arts Degree in a
social service field is preferred.
2. Experience working with
teens/young adults in alternative setting a plus
3. Must have a valid Washington State
driver's license or be able to obtain one by
date of employment.
4. Employees and volunteers who
operate their own or Friends of Youth vehicles
on Friends of Youth business must have a
safe driving record as defined by
Friends of Youth. Employees and volunteers who
operate their own vehicle(s) on
Friends of Youth business must carry auto
liability insurance that complies with
the requirements of Friends of Youth.
5. Must have a Red Cross First Aid
Card, CPR training, HIV/AIDs training, or be
able to obtain one within thirty days of
6. Must pass TB screening.
7. Must successfully pass criminal
history check (WAC 388-148-0035).
8. Education or experience in
B. Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
1. Understand the dynamics of
troubled youth and incorporate knowledge into daily
interactions with youth.
2. Ability to show tolerance and
acceptance of youth.
3. Understand nature of youth/adult
relationship. Is comfortable with, and accepts
role of authority.
4. Good role model.
5. Knowledge of Strength Based
Practice, Harm Reduction Model, and Trauma
6. Demonstrate control in stressful
7. Know personal stressors and
weaknesses, and work to overcome them.
8. Knowledge of relevant COA
standards, or willingness to become familiar with
them, and participation in a
Performance and Quality Improvement process.
9. Must demonstrate sensitivity and
responsiveness to cultural differences and a
commitment to the value of cultural
$13 / hour
Lead Case Manager
Open until filled
Job Posting Date
Return to Employment Opportunities