Safe Place Volunteer
The Safe Place Volunteer, under
the direction of the Safe Place Liaison, will assist in
responding to youth who have run away and are seeking a Safe
Place. The volunteer
acts as additional support both for Safe Place staff and
youth experiencing crisis
1. Provide on-call support through one week shifts
as scheduled with Safe Place Liaison.
2. When a Safe Place call is received while volunteer is on-call, volunteer
and staff will arrange a meet-up location to respond together to the youth
3. Volunteer will always accompany the Safe Place staff when responding to
4. Volunteer must maintain client confidentiality at all times.
5. Volunteer will maintain up-to-date knowledge and training for responding
to Safe Place calls.
Required Skills and Qualifications
A. Education and Experience
1. Must be at least 21 years of age or older
2. Must pass a background check
3. Must fill out and submit the Friends of Youth Volunteer Application and
attend the Friends of Youth Volunteer Orientation
4. Must attend Friends of Youth Safe Place Volunteer trainings as scheduled
5. Must have a valid driver’s license and reliable transportation
6. Must have reliable cell phone
7. Employees and volunteers who operate their own or Friends of Youth
vehicles on Friends of Youth business must have a safe driving record as
defined by Friends of Youth. Employees and volunteers who operate their own
vehicle(s) on Friends of Youth business must carry auto liability insurance
that complies with the requirements of Friends of Youth
8. A First Aid/CPR certification is strongly preferred
9. Education and experience in cultural competency
10. Must have a genuine interest in working with youth in crisis
B. Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
1. Ability to work in an environment that could be highly stressful.
2. Ability to develop warm and open relationships with young adults while
maintaining strong boundaries.
3. Ability to be a positive role model for young adults.
4. Ability to respect the confidentiality of program participants.
5. Respect differences in young people’s cultural, social, sexual and
religious background and willingness to enhance cultural pride.
6. Must demonstrate sensitivity and responsiveness to cultural differences
and a commitment to the value of cultural competency.
Safe Place Liaison
East King County (Mobile)
Applicants will be subject to interview prior to volunteer placement. Open until filled.
Job Posting Date
Return to Employment Opportunities