Residential Youth Counselor -
New Roads Kingsgate
Friends of Youth provides
residential services and programming in a small group
home setting for up to five unaccompanied refugee and
immigrant youth at the New
Roads Kingsgate program. We are currently hiring for a
residential youth counselor
to work in this program. Applicants who are bilingual in
Spanish and English are
preferred, although applicants with relevant experience that
do not speak Spanish
will also be considered. All applicants should have a passion
for working with youth
and young adults. Previous experience working with refugee
and immigrant youth is
1. Provide supervision and
support in a group home setting to youth in the program.
2. Assist in teaching life skills needed for successful
transition into independent
3. Provide academic support and tutoring for youth.
4. Accompany youth to appointments and recreational outings
5. Counsel residents in identifying and resolving emotional,
behavioral, social and
6. Maintain resident files, complete reports and
documentation as assigned.
Required Skills and Qualifications
1. Bachelor of Arts Degree in
the social sciences area is preferred.
2. Minimum of one year of experience working or volunteering
with youth; at-risk
youth experience preferred.
3. Must have a valid Washington State driver's license or be
able to obtain one by
date of employment.
$15 / hour
Program Manager and Supervisor
Open until filled
Job Posting Date
Return to Employment Opportunities