Key participant in the
creation and content for communications of Friends of Youth.
Plan strategies and tactics to increase awareness and drive
volunteer and donor
engagement with an emphasis on effective use of social media.
Create written content
for publications and communications in all media. Assist in the
production of brand
materials and collateral including the website, brochures, social
media, and promotional
materials, and manage press and media relations.
1. Create written content for Friends of Youth publications
and communications across
all print and electronic marketing channels.
a. Monthly e-newsletters, e-blasts,
brochures, quarterly print newsletters, event
collateral, annual report,
promotional materials, program flyers, branded materials,
press releases, etc.
2. Develop a strategy to increase site traffic to our social
media and websites. This
includes online specific campaigns/initiatives.
3. Serve as point person for collaboration with local
agencies for any online initiatives.
4. Manage the content for the agency website: ensure site
includes up to date and
5. Track and analyze website and social media pages and other
relevant figures and
trends. Recommend strategies for online communications
improvements based on
6. Launch and mange social media marketing campaigns;
research and write unique
and engaging posts for Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, etc.
7. Stay up-to-date on industry best practices.
1. Ensure proper use of brand identity in all communications.
2. Manage the Friends of Youth brand through consistent
messaging and voice
throughout organizational publications and communications.
3. Update and maintain archive of press clippings,
photographs and other media by
regularly searching online sources for Friends of Youth
mentions (at least monthly).
4. Oversee press and media relations, including planning
media events, writing and
distributing news releases, maintaining up to date list of
media contacts, conducting
media briefings, and serving as spoke person when asked by
senior staff, as
5. Arrange interviews, speaking engagements and other public
appearances for agency
Required Skills and Qualifications
A. Education and Experience
1. Bachelor's Degree required. Communications preferred.
2. Three to five years’ experience in communications field.
3. Experience using HTML, Adobe Studio (InDesign and
Dreamweaver) as well as
4. Experience writing, project management, and proof reading.
5. Valid Washington State driver's license, car insurance and
6. Employees and volunteers who operate their own or Friends
of Youth vehicles on
Friends of Youth business must have a safe driving record as
defined by Friends of
Youth. Employees and volunteers who operate their own
vehicle(s) on Friends of Youth
business must carry auto liability insurance that complies
with the requirements of
Friends of Youth.
7. Education or experience in cultural competency.
B. Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
1. Commitment to agency’s mission.
2. Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
3. Excellent organizational skills.
4. Team player within a diverse working environment.
5. Ability to develop strategic communications content and
6. Willingness to work evening and weekend hours when needed.
7. Knowledge of relevant COA standards and participation in a
Performance and Quality
8. Must demonstrate sensitivity and responsiveness to
cultural differences and a
commitment to the value of cultural competency.
Director of Development
Open until filled.
E-mail cover letter and resume to Dan
Johnson at firstname.lastname@example.org
Job Posting Date
Return to Employment Opportunities