Marketing & Communications Administrator
Develop, plan and execute the overall
communications and marketing effort of Friends
of Youth. Plan annual
strategies and tactics to increase awareness and drive volunteer
engagement. Manage the production of all brand materials and collateral
including the website, brochures, social media, and promotional materials.
1. Lead the development and execution of all Friends of Youth publications
communications across all print and electronic marketing channels.
a. Monthly e-newsletters, e-blasts, brochures, quarterly print newsletters,
collateral, annual report, promotional materials, program flyers,
press releases, etc.
2. Develop a marketing strategy to drive key initiatives, increase site
generate leads. This would also include online specific
3. Serve as point person for collaboration with local agencies for any
4. Manage the organizational website: ensure site includes up to date and
content. Manage maintenance.
5. Track and analyze website and social media pages and other relevant
trends for marketing. Recommend strategies for online
based on report findings.
6. Launch and mange social media marketing campaigns; research and write
and engaging posts for Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, etc.
7. Stay up-to-date on industry best practices.
1. Oversee proper use of brand identity in all newsletters, brochures and
2. Manage the Friends of Youth brand through consistent messaging and voice
throughout organizational publications and communications.
3. Update and maintain archive of press clippings, photographs and other
regularly searching online sources for Friends of Youth mentions
(at least monthly).
4. Manage all agency public affairs. Oversee press and media relations,
planning media events, writing and distributing news releases,
maintaining up to date
list of media contacts, conducting media briefings
and tours, and serving as spoke
person when appropriate.
5. Arrange interviews, speaking engagements and other public appearances for
Required Skills and Qualifications
A. Education and Experience
1. Bachelor's Degree required. Marketing or Communications preferred.
2. Three to five years’ experience in marketing and/or communications field.
3. Experience using HTML, Adobe Studio (InDesign and Dreamweaver) as well as
4. Experience writing, project management, and proof reading.
5. Valid Washington State driver's license, car insurance and reliable
6. Employees and volunteers who operate their own or Friends of Youth
Friends of Youth business must have a safe driving record as
defined by Friends of
Youth. Employees and volunteers who operate their own
vehicle(s) on Friends of Youth
business must carry auto liability insurance
that complies with the requirements of
Friends of Youth.
7. Education or experience in cultural competency.
B. Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
1. Commitment to agency’s mission.
2. Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
3. Excellent organizational skills.
4. Team player within a diverse working environment.
5. Ability to develop strategic communications content and vehicles.
6. Willingness to work evening and weekend hours when needed.
7. Knowledge of relevant COA standards and participation in a Performance
8. Must demonstrate sensitivity and responsiveness to cultural differences
commitment to the value of cultural competency.
President / CEO
We will be accepting applications (Resumes and Cover
Letters) until December 31st
Job Posting Date
Return to Employment Opportunities