P/T Job Coach
Under the supervision of the
Housing Support Services Program Manager, the
Job Coach is responsible for facilitating job club groups and
employability of homeless young adults. The Job Coach
including activities and presentations, and arranges guest
speakers to provide
information and training to reduce barriers to employment.
position will work in collaboration with an Employment
Specialist to create
employment opportunities for youth.
1. Provide guidance and
direction to Job Club peer support groups held at three
locations per week.
2. Create and develop new innovative curriculum to engage
youth in reducing
barriers to employment.
3. Provide relevant and useful information and resources
related to job skill
4. Engage youth through strengths-based, trauma-informed
care, and harm
5. Maintain clear, professional, and timely participant
assessments, progress updates, demographic information, and
documentation in accordance with contract guidelines.
6. Work with Friends of Youth staff in Transitional Living
Programs and Outreach
Team to provide effective service delivery to all clients.
7. Other duties as assigned.
Required Skills and Qualifications
A. Education and Experience
1. Bachelor’s degree in Social Work
or a related field or three years of
equivalent work experience.
2. Experience working with employment
3. Experience working with homeless
young adult populations.
4. Experience facilitating peer
5. Education and experience in
cultural competency required.
B. Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
1. Must be able to establish rapport
with at-risk young adults.
2. Must have a working knowledge of
trends related to employment services
and homeless housing services.
3. Ability to maintain
professionalism in controversial, complex and public
4. Excellent interpersonal, writing
and organizational skills.
5. Self-starter with ability to work
both independently and on collaborative teams.
6. Solid computer skills using
Windows-based word processing and
7. Employees who operate their own or
Friends of Youth vehicles on Friends of
Youth business must have a safe
driving record as defined by Friends of
Youth. Employees and volunteers who
operate their own vehicle(s) on
Friends of Youth business must carry
auto liability insurance that complies
with the standards of Friends of
8. Education or experience in
9. Demonstrate sensitivity and
responsiveness to cultural differences and a
commitment to the value of cultural
Part Time - 20 hours per week
Education and Employment Progam Coordinator
Open until filled
Job Posting Date
Return to Employment Opportunities