On Their Family Situation
- "I was born into an emotionally, sexually, physically, verbally, mentally violent family."
- "I grew up on the streets and living in a car."
- "From the age of 2 till I was 12, I was sexually abused."
- "My father used drugs and had no boundaries."
- "My parents got divorced and I was moved all over."
On Life Before Griffin Home
- "I have always felt lonely and I felt like I didn’t fit in."
- "I didn’t care about anything. If no one cared about me, what did it matter what I did?"
- "I stopped caring about people and I wanted to hurt them so I could feel like I had control."
- "I was only thinking about myself."
On Lessons From Griffin Home
- "I am learning to communicate my thoughts and feelings."
- "I am learning to be honest and to trust, to have dignity and also self-respect."
- "I want people to be able to count on me."
- "I don’t expect respect from anyone, but my life is not over. I will do my best because I want to live again."
- "I am learning that I have a future."
Note: Names of clients have been changed to protect their privacy.