Friends of Youth foster parents receive support from a variety of resources to prevent and reduce foster parent stress and family crisis, including training, respite care, staff consultation, peer support, crisis intervention and costs of extraordinary child expenses.
Friends of Youth offers at least one training event per month, building skills in caring for children in the home. In addition, we pay a stipend for each monthly training event.
Primary Support Staff at Friends of Youth
In most cases, the Friends of Youth Therapeutic Case Manager (TCM) will be the person directly responsible for the therapeutic care of the foster child.
- The TCM will contact the foster family at least weekly to discuss treatment and support.
- Other professional staff are available for the support and care of each child, including an individual treatment aide, the foster care program manager, the foster care licenser and other members of the child’s treatment team.
- A foster care staff member is available 24/7 through a dedicated cell phone.
The monthly reimbursement is a stipend paid to foster parents covers all expenses for the child’s room and board, transportation, clothing and personal incidentals, i.e., hygiene products, school supplies, etc.
The Flex Fund
Children in the therapeutic foster care program have access to the Friends of Youth Flex Fund. The Flex Fund is designed to provide additional financial support to youths in care to enhance treatment and placement.
Examples of some items provided to foster children:
- Driver’s education
- Bus passes for school, or as part of their treatment plan
- I.D. card and birth certificate fees (first copies only)
- Senior photos (up to $150 contribution)
There may be times when the foster parent will need child care for the foster child for a few hours or for an occasional weekend. In some circumstances, emergency respite is needed. Therapeutic foster parents are eligible for two days of out-of-home respite per month, up to six days per quarter.
Friends of Youth foster parents are allowed one week vacation per year. Vacations are intended for the purpose of providing a break to foster parents and to allow foster parents to attend outings without children.
Become a part of our therapeutic team:
Foster Home Recruiter
Paul Tan (206) 859-6290 ext 221
Friends of Youth Licensor
Skye Camphouse (425) 228-5776, ext. 129