May is National Foster Care Month, a time to remember that there are countless ways to show support for children in foster care. Here are a few suggestions:
- Become a Foster Parent! There are many types of care that you can provide: traditional foster care, therapeutic care, relative or kinship care. Friends of Youth licenses foster parents, learn more
- Become a Respite Provider. Respite foster care gives foster parents a break, by providing care for children over the weekend, during vacation, or when the parents need a break. Learn more here.
- Create an Internship for a Foster Youth. Contact our
Job Developer to learn more.
- Adopt a Foster Child. The goal of foster care is finding forever
families for every child. There are many local organizations that can help, childwelfare.gov
- Support our foster care kids by organizing a donation drive, a volunteer event, or a foster kid house party. Learn more